Saturday, November 17, 2007

Moving in!

We're going to spend our first night in the Lake Katherine house tonight. JJ and A. put in some hours at the house today while my Mom and I went to a crafting convention in Orlando. The big job today was moving our things out of my parents' house and into the new place.

I have to admit to mixed feelings about moving out. It'll be nice to have our own stuff and not have to watch our behavior, but I'll really miss there always being people in the house, having grandparents always there more than willing to hold A. while I took a shower or just a break, and sitting around the table after dinner sharing all four of our days.

Still, leaving today wasn't like leaving to go back to the other side of the country. We have firm plans to meet at the local farmer's market tomorrow, and it's always a possibility that we'll just bump into each other at the grocery store or Target.

I've spent a few days my Mom helping out with the mail-order business. A.'s been a great help, too, playing in her Exersaucer and playpen, being carried around, and sleeping in the carrier on my back. It's hard work, but some baby has to do it.

It's been about 3 weeks now. So far, I really like the area and having my family so close. I'm looking forward to seeing how things evolve as we live on our own and settle into a routine.

No comments: