Thursday, November 15, 2007

Trying to move in

Our stuff arrived on Monday, and I've been spending the last few days trying to get the house in a good enough state that we can move from my parents' house into the new place. It hasn't been easy; JJ's been at his work orientation normal-person hours (7am to 4pm), so I've had to handle A. and unpack.

Since she doesn't like to be set down, this consists of holding, bouncing, playing, then setting her down for about 5 minutes until she realizes that she's not the center of attention. At which point I'm informed loudly and insistently that this is not an acceptable state of affairs. Back to the holding, bouncing, playing.

A.'s a huge handful these days. She's constantly wiggling, grabbing at everything, eating whatever she can get to her mouth, and generally being a full-time job. I'm so happy to be able to come back to the house and hand her to someone else to hold for a while. And the best part is, my parents are thrilled to see her when I'm most frustrated with her.

No comments: