Saturday, December 1, 2007

Shorts in December

I was excited to leave California and the need to wear jeans and a sweatshirt at all times during the year. I didn't realize that I'd be greeted by unseasonably warm weather in Florida. It's been in the 80s for as long as I can remember; a cold day is a dip to the high 70s. Now, given, even the Floridians are a little taken aback, but the average high is still only about 5 degrees colder than we're seeing!

So it was shorts for me and a onsie and dress for A. as we headed to the Magic Kingdom to watch the taping of the Christmas parade. No, it isn't live. It's taped in early December, and the audience applies to participate, gets into the park early, and has to sit through take after take of each act, looking excited and enthused the whole time.

We didn't officially apply to be in the audience; A., my Mom, and I just showed up intending to try to blend in like my family has in years past. They were a bit stricter about segregating this year, though, so we just sat in some rocking chairs outside one of the stores and watched the taping from a distance.

No comments: