Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Three month hump

It's been about three months since I left my job, and I've been having a rough time of it the last few days. I really miss the job, the people, the atmosphere. The reassurance I have is that if I didn't feel this, all those years wouldn't have meant as much to me as I think they do.

I'm strangely torn. I like Clermont and I like having so much time with JJ and A. I don't miss California, and I don't have the out-of-place feeling that always hung over my head there. But I'm still adjusting to not working and not exercising my brain every day. And I'll never be surrounded by the same sort of people. Hell, I still haven't found one fellow geek.

I've think I've hit the adjustment phase, where I realize that one chapter has closed, a new one has opened, and I can't go back. Here's where I stop feeling, somewhere deep down, that I'm due back in a day or two. Where "normal" becomes this day-to-day, instead of the "normal" that I left.

No comments: