Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Settling

Well, we've been living here for a week now. Our stuff and things are slowing finding their places, although most of the non-furniture items are still in boxes in the garage.

Our progress got slowed significantly when the entire family was hit by a really nasty illness. A. came down with it first, on Saturday night. It took me and JJ down on Monday afternoon, and by Monday night had gotten so bad that it necessitated a trip to the emergency room for JJ. A liter of IV fluid and some tests later, and he was sent home to sleep it off. The next morning he was much improved, but I wasn't. By mid-day I was in a bad state, way behind on my liquids and calories. JJ finally put an IV in me and gave me 2 liters, and that got me over the hump and on my way to recovery.

Now that that's over, we can finally start to put some energy into unpacking before the family starts to arrive for A.'s first birthday (!). Of course, living in the house has led us to notice more small fix-ups that need to be done, so there's a new list starting. Weather stripping, a better shower head, a quieter dishwasher... a house is a blessing and a curse, I guess.