Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hand made

I've developed an obsession with handmade toys. Felt food, felted wool balls, Waldorf dolls... Every evening, I work on something. When I have time to kill, I scour thrift stores for wool clothing to felt. (Florida thrift stores, mind you.) I shop at Joann's multiple times a week. When I'm online, I'm reading old threads on the Mothering discussion boards for new ideas. I aspire to a handmade 16" Waldorf doll. I felt balls when I'm stressed.

It's rather crazy of me, but I tend to these fixations. They come and go. This one, at least, is producing a bunch of neat toys for Atlee. Maybe even enough extras to sell come Christmas time. I'm trying to direct my energy -- aiming to turn out one thing (or one group of things) a night. If I can keep that up, I'll amass quite a pile.

No comments: