Friday, October 3, 2008

Absence

I haven't blogged in ages because we've just gone through a string of about 3 colds in a row. We finally seem to be out of it, none too soon.

I've continued to craft, as you may have seen on my Flickr stream. Felt softies, stenciled t-shirts, shopping bags made from old t-shirts, and felt food. If I go a few days without doing anything, I start to feel antsy and unproductive. This is my way of creating something, doing something with my hands. Of having something to show for the day.

I'm hoping to sell some of my creations around Christmas. There's a local festival on November 1st that I might buy a booth at, or I may try to sell through the mommy groups I'm associated with in the area.

I've got almost everything for 3 "Best Friends Picnics" filled with felt food and packaged in a small basket with picnic blanket. I might keep doing more of those, or maybe make a few "Farmer's Market Baskets" of felt food or even try some wooden toys or small dolls. I'm trying to keep things flexible so that I'm not pressuring myself and thus, feel like it's a burden. But to do enough to bring in a few extra dollars would be neat.

A. is doing well -- moving into the verbal stage quickly. She picks up a new word every few days, although her pronunciation is usually off for a few weeks. She isn't replacing her signs with words, but picking up new vocabulary and then combining signs and words. She turns 17 months tomorrow -- almost a year and a half! I can remember thinking that we'd never get here.

No comments: