Friday, February 29, 2008

Home owners!

Well, we did it. We closed this morning at 9:30am. It was a quick closing, with the papers signed by 10am and us out the door by 10:30. After all the horror stories you hear about the piles of paperwork and arms falling off from so many signatures, JJ and I were pleasantly surprised. It really wasn't that bad.

The whole process was actually pretty easy, I think. We had a great agent who let me take the lead in finding properties, but who we really trusted to watch our backs and know the technicalities. We got our mortgage through a small bank, so although it's been sold already, we had easy access to two pleasant mortgage agents who put up with my silly questions and who we knew would be at closing with the money.

This house worked out perfectly. It came on the market far enough into our search that we recognized that this one was special and we were ready to make an offer. Everything fell into place - our offer was low but quick and solid, the house was in great shape, and we didnt hit any snags with financing or insurance.

Now I finally get to indulge my DIY tendencies. We're going to head over to the house today to vacuum the carpets and baby proof the house. That way, Atlee can have the run of the place while I/we do some fix-ups.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to say that I'm from Florida yet, but apparently this is where we're going to put down some roots.

1 comment: