Wednesday, October 17, 2007

No decision

JJ and I haven't made any decision on the lease. In fact, I'd say we're actively avoiding making a decision. I'm not pushing it, because I think JJ needs a few more days distance from leaving his job. I'm a bit ahead of him there; I've had 4 more days to mourn.

The apartment looks no closer to a move. We're only a week and a half away, and I really can't believe that from our day-to-day actions. Little has changed. We're making slow progress on our big list, but other than things being crossed off, I have little to show for it.

I got thrown into a bit of a tizzy because a house that I've lusted after for months just had a $10,000 price drop. I started thinking crazy thoughts about flying to Florida to look at the house, intending that we would buy it and avoid renting at all. But that's really not a reasonable action -- the whole point of renting is to at least give us a chance to get familiar with the area. We'd throw that out the window to buy a house we'd barely seen and that's missing a lot of the things on my house-list. The reason I love the house is the yard. Amazing -- over an acre, waterfront, tons of huge oak trees. But there's no formal dining room in the house, and (according to my parents' advance scouting trip) it doesn't have the greatest layout for family living.

I really shouldn't be expected to make all of these life-altering decisions when A. is still waking me up every hour or two at night. I'm really not thinking terribly straight.

No comments: