Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wrapping up

Still no major day-to-day changes. But they've got to start tomorrow, because we found out yesterday that instead of being packed and moved on the same day (Saturday), the packers are coming Friday and the movers on Saturday. So tomorrow we'll have to sort out what we're taking with us and what's going in the CRV, clean out the fridge, and make sure everything's in the right place so that it gets packed in an appropriate box.

We tested a dose of sedative on our very jumpy, formerly stray cat. It didn't seem to do a thing. This flight's going to be a blast, I can tell.

Residence-wise, we decided that we'd really like a 7-month lease in a house. I've been busily contacting various rental agents, but I'm having a bit of trouble finding a place that will go for 7 months. They all want a year. It seems silly to me -- the market is swamped with rentals, why not go for the sure thing for at least a while? Sure, you'll have to find another tenant sooner, but in the meantime you've got us, and there's no guarantee someone else will come along any time soon.

I'm surprise I'm not more worried, moving across the country with no firm place to live. This is the sort of thing that, pre-baby, would have kept me up at night.

No comments: