Sunday, October 21, 2007

Now is the perfect time to panic

We're a week away from finding ourselves in Florida. I'm certain there's more that we need to do than I've thought of. I've started a list -- multiple lists, actually; no one should be surprised by that. I started the list because I was sure there was more to do than I could remember at any given time, but instead, it's showing me that there really isn't.

That's assuming I've really thought of everything. It's hard to be sure that I have, because I don't have a lot of free moments to ponder the move and go over upcoming events in my head. A.'s been extremely demanding lately, reminding us of the time immediately after she was born. Not only is she demanding both of our attention during the day, but sleep is as bad as it's ever been.

We're trying all of the folk remedies for reflux, to little avail. She seems to be trending worse. Do we call our pediatric GI doc for help, even though we'll only be here another week? Or do we wait and try to establish a relationship with a doc in Florida?

I'd like to have a pH probe done; that watches acid levels for 24 hours and is the best way of proving reflux. If she does have reflux, I honestly don't know what else can be done for her. But if she doesn't, that's a significant finding and means we have to go down a completely different path. Her symptoms point to reflux, but it's not definitive.

I never imagined we'd still be dealing with this at 6 months. I haven't slept more than 2 hours at a time in weeks, more than 3 hours in a row in months, and more than 5 hours at a stretch in... I can't even remember how long. No wonder my days all have a fuzzy edge about them.

No comments: